My top 10 for 2015!
2015 was one of the most pivotal years I have had! I don’t think I will ever forget this year. We all read on social media the posts in which some people are so thankful for a year to be over, due to it not being their best year – I have been there! I knew going into the 2015 year it was going to be big for me but I don’t think I realized how big. I grew so much both personally and professionally and I have a lot of people to thank for that. Without them, there is no way I would be where I am today.
I have noticed a number of top 9 posts lately and I looked mine up, but to me, they weren’t MY top 9, so instead, I wanted to share with you, MY top 10 (because I have OCD and there is no way I could post 9, even numbers always!)
In no particular order, I would have to say, these were my top 10 highlights this year
1. 4 covers! Yes 4 covers, never would I have thought this would happen in a year and I am beyond grateful. At the beginning of the year, within 3 days of each other, I became the Oxygen Australia cover model for January ’15 and the Inside Fitness: Hot & Fit winner of 2014. What a week! I was also in the middle of filming for my liveFIT program and I don’t think I was able to concentrate for 4 days straight, I was so excited. In June, I became the Health & Fitness Magazine cover girl in Dubai. A huge thank you goes out to both Arthur Kwiatkowski and James Patrick for shooting these covers. (There is a 4th…..keep reading)
2. Did I mention I live on one of the most sought after islands in the world? Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands is home for me and my little one. He is my little travel companion and the most important person in my life. He has taught me so much about life and love, I am able to see the world through his eyes and it brings me back to what really is important. Aside from the traveling we did in 2015 we also played tourists on our own island. Normally, growing up in Canada, we would vacation to a hot spot each year. Since I live where most vacation, taking Zaiden to another hot destination such as Mexico or the DR really didn’t make sense to me. Seeing the excitement in him just by staying in a hotel, playing on the beach and dressing up for dinner together, with our house a 5 min drive down the street, was by far one of the fondest memories this year. We spent the days eating ice cream by the pool and he jumped on the beds in the roomI foresee a few more of these in our future (and possibly a Disney Cruise).
3. One of the hardest things I did this year was stepping in front of the camera and speaking. Get me in front of a still and I am totally fine. Have me talk and its a completely different ball game. I get nervous, I lose my train of thought and I can never sleep the night before. BUT, I did it. It was the year for me to step outside the box and I knew I had to do it. Was it worth it? Absolutely. I had numerous tv appearances with Breakfast TV Calgary and even got the opportunity to hit up CTV Morning Live Vancouver.
4. Ahhhh, so much fun! On a trip back home with my son to visit family, I made a side trip and invited 10 girls to join me for a shoot in 2015 (unfortunately 1 was unable to make it due to a family emergency) with Arsenik Studios. My goal was to highlight each of their successes and thank them for being a dedicated client over the years. Each of them have a story to share and they inspire not only others but me on a daily basis. You will be seeing more of them in the coming year as they hit the stage, become featured in a publication or take on their personal transformation. So proud of each and every one of my clients.
5. In the earlier part of the year I launched a project that I had dedicated a lot of my time to building, while still maintaining my clientele and transformation challenges. The launch of my liveFIT series is a 6 week-online program specifically geared towards your average female wanting to learn about health and fitness and get into the best shape possible while maintaining their busy lifestyle. This was designed by me to fit the stay-at-home mom, busy entrepreneur and business woman, student, and those that were too afraid to step foot in a gym. All workouts can be done in home PLUS learn how to eat healthy with my step by step guide to nutrition. To check out the programs, click here
6. My most recent project launched was my eatFIT online recipe eBook. This was a first for me and I had an incredible team to work with to help me bring it to fruition. Avalon and Arsenik Studios were behind this book and I couldn’t’ have done it without them. Each recipe was designed and cooked be me for the book along with it broken down into macros for those that count macros. Each participant in my transformation challenge receives this book and are able to use it in the challenge to help with their transformation. (Don’t know what my transformation challenge is? keep reading) To purchase yours, click here!
7. This was such an exciting time for me! Being announced the Cellucor Canadian Spokesmodel. Cellucor has supported me over the past year, along with my challenges to help educate the participants in my challenge about the brand as well as Canadian wide. I am looking forward to another challenge with them this spring and being able to provide all of the participants for 12 weeks with Cellucor product
8. Who doesn’t love KitchenAid? I think everyone is familiar with this brand and we all secretly dream of having one of those cool colored mixers in our home – or maybe we already do! My main goal for 2015 was to step outside the box and work very hard on marketing myself not just only in the fitness industry but start to move mainstream. I couldn’t be more grateful for the opportunity that KitchenAid has given me and I was able to incorporate a little helper in with some of my baking. My goal is to help educate people on the KitchenAid brand and how it fits in with your health and fitness goals. Stay tuned for more exciting updates to come with them.
9. Do YOU have What It Takes? The next challenge will be my 13th challenge and my 7th year running them. My goal is to educate, inspire and transform the selected participants with my 12 week online coaching program with the chance to win a trip to Grand Cayman. I have been very fortunate to have some incredible sponsors on board over the year. To read more on my challenges, click here. The next challenge application deadline is Jan 2/16
10. My last and final memorable moment this past year was getting the cover of my 4th magazine with my son. It was so amazing to shoot with him, he is quite the character on camera and at one point in the shoot they commented that he might get the cover himself. Proud moment as a mom. He also captured the hearts during a recent commercial I was filming for the USA and became the star on set and just a few weeks ago was featured here on the island in a local commercial.
Definitely ended 2015 on a high note and I wanted to share a bit of it with you. I cannot wait to build off of what I did this past year and challenge myself to grow even more professionally and personally for 2016. Writing this tonight really put a lot into perspective for me. I was asked a few times over the past year if I had taken the time to actually enjoy my accomplishments, honestly, I haven’t. My drive just always took over and I had my eyes set on my next project or adventure so this year, its my mission to take a bit more time and “smell the roses”.
I encourage each of you to write down your top 10 of 2015!!