Body & Mind: A Look Into The Emotional Side Of Online Coaching
For the past 7 years I have been running my online What It Takes! 12 week transformation challenges. Twice a year I choose anywhere from 20-30 women to be guided under me to transform their body, mind and lifestyle. With the support of some incredible sponsors this 12 week experience is all about educating women to see their true potential and give them the confidence to achieve any goal they put their mind to and work hard for. This past challenge, I had asked the participants to send me a simple answer to 2 questions.
- What did this challenge do for you physically?
- What did this challenge do for you emotionally?
I wanted to share with you some of their responses. For most entering into a challenge or even one of my online programs, the initial consultation normally begins with me learning why a client is contacting me, and what they are out to achieve – always the outer appearance. Yes, we work on that, but what they also will receive is a coach that listens, lends an ear when needed and allows the client to open up and really tell their story – as this is where it all begins when wanting to change the body.
Like I have said in the past, no one is coming to me just to get a meal plan or a training program. That contact stems much deeper than that. Maybe they are open to telling me initially, or with patience and allowing them to trust me, the root of the cause comes out later on. Maybe it is never talked about, but I allow the thoughts to be there and to be shared with me, if they choose to.
I cannot wait to share all of the physical results of the participants in the next few weeks, but until then, here are the top 10 changes my clients have seen during the What It Takes! transformation challenge:
- While I was gaining weight I kept the mentality all those years that I looked the same, until one day I didn’t recognize myself. Now during this challenge I can look in the mirror and say “there you are!”
- My husband says “I’ve got my wife back!” I have gained confidence, drive, and happiness that just pours out of me now. I honestly never believed I could do it until now.
- I don’t need to eat my emotions away because I have realized what my thoughts and feelings are. I now know how to change my behavior towards those thoughts/feelings and know that I don’t have to eat bad food because I’m sad/mad. This in turn brings out CONFIDENCE. True confidence. I don’t feel like I’m hiding anything anymore – and I can be the real me.
- I feel like it takes no more effort to do things correct in terms of food prepping and eating, than eating like shit. Making this a lifestyle is done, I just need to be aware enough to stop when things get off track and immediately get back on track. Life happens. It’s will happen. It’s how I go about it, to correct it.
- Essentially I don’t think this is just a 12 week challenge, I am feeling it’s a lifestyle challenge and I’m nowhere near done. I want to take this further. Achieve my goal and still be that fit at Christmas. And just carry on effortlessly.
- This Challenge for me, has truly given me the full confidence to believe totally in myself. I no longer worry about what other people think of me. That just doesn’t matter anymore. Now, when I walk into a room full of people, I walk in with confidence, standing tall and I say to myself “I am strong, I am confident, and I am beautiful!”
- This challenge has helped me focus on what I need and want. Having to deal with stress without resorting to the old emotional eating. Knowing I can deal with what comes my way in a healthy manner is so empowering.
- I started this challenge wanting to “prove” myself to certain people but in the process I realized my own worth and happiness! I have always thought if only I weighed this many pounds or if only I was this size of pants or if only I had long blonde hair etc I would be happy and have everything I ever wanted!! Ha ….well I’m starting to realize that the only person/thing that can make me happy is …….ME!! About halfway through this challenge I realized I needed to do this for ME no one else!! And also that being happy and fit is so much more than a number on a scale!
- I have confidence and courage, I have a lot of girls, young ladies and women looking up to me for guidance and encouragement in their lives. I knew that I had hit a point in my life where I needed to be true to myself and focus on me. This challenge has given me that confidence and spark to not only do better but to be a better person.
- Emotionally this challenge has made me become calm in a sense. I now can balance a busy boy under 2, and my well being. It has made me stress less about silly things, and more confident in my parenting. Sounds silly, but when I’m not on track with myself, how could I be on track for my son.